Philippine Government Beefs Up Repatriation Activities in Syria
the instructions of President Benigno S. Aquino III, the Department of
Foreign Affairs has implemented additional measures to ensure the
safety and welfare of Filipinos in Syria.
- Filipinos in Syria are enjoined to go home, and if they so decide, government will provide all necessary assistance.
- The DFA has organized the Task Group on Voluntary
Repatriation-Syria. Relatives of Filipinos in Syria living in the
Philippines may call the following numbers:
- From 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. (Monday to Sunday), 834-4617,
834-4618, 834-4619, 834-4620, 834-4621, 834-4622, 834-4623, 834-4624,
834-3245 and 834-3240.
- From 8 P.M. to 8 A.M. (Monday to Sunday): 834-3333 and 834-4997.
- They may also send text messages at +639275768621 or +639158445546.
- Queries and request for assistance may also be sent via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filipinos in Syria may call
the Philippine Embassy in Damascus at the dedicated hotline numbers
+96311-6132626 (landline), and +96393-2176214 and +96399-0270464
(mobile) to seek assistance and information from the Embassy.
- The Overseas Preparedness and Response Team, headed
by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr., has deployed a 10-member
Rapid Response Team (RRT) for Syria as augmentation personnel to the
Embassy in its efforts to repatriate Filipinos in the country.
The team is composed of officials from the DFA, the Department of Labor
and Employment (DOLE), the Department of National Defense (DND) and the
Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).